Header Ads

This Is The Test 99% Of Us Fail Every Single day!!!



(S)cripture: 

Luke 12:15-21 "...Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own. Then he told them a story: A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, What should i do? I don't have room for all my crops. Then he said, I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then i'll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And i'll sit back and say to myself, My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink and be merry! But God said to him, You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for? Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God"



(O)bservation: 

"...life is not measured by how much you own..." - this part of the verse reminds me of a story i heard a while ago about the test a teacher had prepared for his class. With only 10 questions to answer, the students were happy because they had been preparing for weeks just to pass this test, but to their utmost surprise again, the questions were shockingly very simple, so they all rushed through answering them and then submitted their test sheets with sighs of relief..."thank God we've passed that"

A week later they all got their results, 99% of the class had their mouths open with hands on their head, they had all failed the test, just one student passed. 



Then the teacher gave them their test sheets with a red circle over the top of the page which read;

"Please follow these instructions carefully before you start, all that is required to pass this test, is that you write your name in capital letters, wait until the invigilator tells you the stop, and then submit your test"

Only one student had taken the time to read & follow the instructions, the test was not given to measure how intelligent the students were, it was given to measure their ability to follow instructions. 


In the same way, the test of "Life" has not been given to measure how much we can own before we die, how many houses were able to build, or our collection of cars...but, just like the only student that passed, we need to take time to read the instructions of life first before following the crowd 
"...Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God"

Having a rich relationship with God is how life is "measured"!!! 

Jesus went on to tell the story of a rich man who had a thriving business, notice how this man spoke; 

"...He said to himself, What should I do? I don't have room for all my crops, then he said, I know! I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I will have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I will sit back and say to myself, My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink and be merry! But God said to him, You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for? Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God"" 

This rich man completely took God out of the equation. 



God is not against us having successful businesses and thriving, but He is against us taking full credit for it. There is nothing like a self made man/woman, it is God who shows us Grace & Mercy to even have breath in your nostrils every morning to go to work.


(A)pplication: 

What i did a few months ago was to prioritise my daily activities based on the order of life's instructions, and i try to follow this list every single day in this order;

1. God

2. Marriage
3. Parenthood 
4. Author
5. Speaker
6. TEN:4
7. Business

By prioritising, i have been able to recognise God every morning when i wake up, i study His Word, try to have quality time with my wife at some point in the day, spend time with my son, write every day, encourage people by speaking to them and then i focus on bringing in money through my business. This list has simplified my life so much, money comes in, but it is not my priority. God is!!! 

Create a priority list for yourself, write it down and let it be the first thing you see every morning when you wake up. Do a S.O.A.P every morning if you can, doesn't have to be elaborate, just start small and grow from there!!!



(P)rayer: 

Father, I just thank You for Your Grace. Thank You for revealing the instructions of life's test to me before submitting, i ask for the Grace to always keep you first in my life...the Grace to not put confidence in my riches but to cultivate a rich relationship with You. I pray for everyone reading this, remove the scales from their eyes Lord, help them be like the man who found treasure in a field, went and sold all he had just to buy that field. Nothing goes with us when we die, help us focus on what really matters in life, help us prioritise our lives according to Your will in Jesus Name!!!

Kindly share with someone you think would need this

"Seek First" is a platform inspired from Matthew 6:33 where we are encouraged to Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, live righteously, and everything we need will be given to us.


Our objective is to show you the practicality of this verse and hopefully inspire you to seek Him first daily. We use the S.O.A.P model as a study guide to help fulfill this mandate. We pick different scriptures and try to figure out how we can apply them to our daily lives, how they relate to the Kingdom of God and how we can live righteously through them. (S)cripture (O)bservation (A)pplication (P)rayer

Continue reading >>> 

MansNotHot...SKYAAA!!! This Viral Video May Just Have Cost You Your Last Lifeline With God!!!

The science behind how certain things go viral has always intrigued me...a guy goes into the studio and raps some gibberish that makes no...


No comments

Powered by Blogger.